Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Dominican Republic: How You Can Help

Morning, Guys!

I've talked a lot about the Dominican, but I haven't shared ways you can help. I will list some options for getting involved [if you choose], whether or not you have money. Let me make this clear right now: I put no expectation on you to give. As far as the amount I have to raise, it's very reasonable for the entire summer, and I know *already* that God is going to use my community of people to meet that need. Why wouldn't He use awesome people like you?

Rosleny, the girl I am now sponsoring through school
[I can't wait to hold her like this again soon].

  • The first option [my favorite one] is for the people who really want to give, but don't see how that is possible right now. You can invest your time. I would love it if you could send a letter[s], photos, anything inspirational. I love writing and I love reading [letters, that is]. You can send these anytime between now and June 1, 2015. 
Address: P.O. Box 94
Fillmore, IN 46128

  • The second option is giving through my GoFundMe Account. I have to raise $2,400 by May, not including my flights. I am doing outside fundraising for that. My GoFundMe page will talk more in depth of why I had the desire to go back to the Dominican. 

  • The third option [for now] is praying. I am not a good pray-er, but I know some of you who love it and are so gifted at it. I know God hears the requests of His people. I would love prayer for my heart---that it would continue to be rooted in Him, that material things would lose their significance over Him, that---at the end of the day---Jesus would be my prize, and that my love continues to grow for those who don't know Him.




I am hoping, now, and asking God as I write this that He will use this season to show people how scary but liberating and exhilarating it is to follow Him---to not only know about Him, but know Him.


This was an every day reality for me in the DR.
Couldn't you just die?


I will not fight You, take me past the line that my heart draws
I will not fight You, take me beyond the laziness of my thoughts
I will not fight, lead me further than I've gone before
God, let your dreams come true---dream through us.
-The Rend Collective, Broken Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment